Wednesday, July 8, 2009

FO: Brown Bricks dishcloth


DSCF0093
Originally uploaded by knitswithasilentk
Here it is, at long last: the Ballband dishcloth. I made it with two colors of Lion cotton I got on sale (boy, those balls have great yardage!). It is a fun pattern, and I could get into these easy slip stitch patterns. So easy to make colorful stuff with no fuss! As I made this, I realized that a blanket that was given to TLD is the same pattern, except that it's all in stockinette instead of putting the "bricks" in reverse-stockinette.

Pattern: Ball band dishcloth, from Mason Dixon knitting or the ball band of Pisgah Peaches & Creme.
Yarn: Lion Cotton, red and brown.
Needle: KnitPicks Options, size 6.

I did this exactly as written.

Here's a modeled shot:

DSCF0127

When I handed this over to TLD, he put it in his mouth (of course), but then he started polishing his toys and wiping the floor! So now of course it's his.

2 comments:

Saren Johnson said...

There you go! Teaching him to do dishes early is a good plan.

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Keep him polishing and it will give him a good start on doing for himself in life, LOL.

My kids wanted me to get a dish washer and I said, "Why? I have 3 dish washers standing right here?" Haha, they accused me of having kids only to make them my housekeepers. Boohoo. Seriously, my daughter & one son are better housekeepers than me to this very day.