Thursday, December 16, 2010

I see Liz's underpants!


img_2519
Originally uploaded by knitswithasilentk
My friend from grad school, Liz, got married this past fall. When I heard the news, I was overjoyed and immediately resolved to knit her something special for her wedding. I used some eBay bucks and searched for yarn with free shipping - I got a nice ball of Laines du Nord pure silk for just a couple of bucks with the eBay bucks discount.

I knit the front panel very quickly. But the waist - I knit it, and decided it was WAY too big. So it sat for a few months until I realized the big event was coming up and I'd better finish it. I frogged the waistline (luckily it wasn't too hard, given it begins from a tiny triangle after the string) and started again. This time I think I got it about right.

I tied it with some ribbon I'd bought for my wedding, and sent it along with bachelorette items that Liz had gotten me at MY bachelorette (ha ha!).

Pattern: Lacy Thong, from Interweave
Yarn: Laines du Nord Mulberry Silk
Needles: size 5, probably KnitPicks 16" or something.

Yay!

1 comment:

Dancing Knitter said...

What a cute "something blue."