Friday, January 23, 2009

FO: Hat for Niecey


Hat for Niecey
Originally uploaded by knitswithasilentk
I decided to return to blogging after that long hiatus with a sweet little thing. This was a quick hat for the birth of my niece, started and finished just before she was born.

Yarn: Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino, same purple and green as the Spiral Striped Socks and Spiral baby hat. Solid purple (because her mom said, "Enough pink!") with a little green daisy embroidered.
Pattern: Um....I think it was around 56 or maybe 64 stitches, in 1x1 ribbing (to ensure it would fit that head), with 4 decreases to make it sort of pyramid topped, and an I-cord with a knot at the top. I made it have a brim, so that when she got bigger, you could flip the brim down and it would still fit.
Needles: Lantern Moon dpns, size 5.

With so many features in place to make it fit on a big head, you might suspect that my own little baby outgrew all of his hats quickly. And you'd be right!

Edited to add: What do you know, I'd put this in Ravelry shortly after I did it, so it turns out I did a picot cast-on (from The Knitter's Book of Finishing Techniques) on size 3 needles (although I never did see the picots), and it was 64 stitches.

2 comments:

sheep#100 said...

It's a "Who" Hat!

R... said...

That may be the cutest hat I've ever seen! Glad you're back to blogging. Hope to see you IRL soon!

R...