Wednesday, April 29, 2009

FO: Lace Easter Egg dishcloth

This was the speediest, easiest lace I've ever done! It's 37 sts wide and only 50 rows, only 17 of which are pattern. No chart, but it's really short and not that hard to follow. Just a word of caution: in this pattern, m1 means to do the increase AND knit the following stitch. I've never seen m1 instructions include knitting the following stitch before.

Pattern: Easter Egg Washcloth Pattern, by Obsidian Kitten.
Yarn: Lion Brand Cotton, variegated pastels.
Needle: Size 7, KnitPicks Options.

I love it! My only misgiving was because it's stockinette, it doesn't have those lovely bumps for scrubbing. But it's in use right now and it's very nice.

The photo would have been better if I'd blocked it, but it's a dishcloth. I refuse to block dishcloths.

Modeled shot (the model seems a bit tired of this game):
DSCF0003

2 comments:

Grace said...

Love all your cloths from both posts, I wanted you to know my sock came and I just love it Thank you again and again and again!! Hope you show us the one you get too!!

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Oh ... it's a hat also, huh? Cute.