Wednesday, March 18, 2009

FO: Birth hat for R...'s baby

My friend IRL (in real life) "R..." and her husband are expecting a baby at the end of March. She left a comment back in January when I blogged about Niecey's hat, and I knew right away I had to make one for her baby too. She is expecting a little girl, and so I just reversed the colors of Niecey's hat. I'm certainly getting my mileage out of this Baby Cashmerino yarn.

We saw them last week (and the whale too) and I got to deliver it. It was very well received. Yay! Welcome, little girl! We're ready when you are!

Project specs: Picot cast-on, 64 sts, all in 1x1 ribbing. I did matching left and right leaning decreases at 4 points around the circle. Maybe next time I'll try a different decrease strategy. It was an attempt to not interrupt the ribbing. Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino, size 5 needles (circular at first, then dpns), size 3 needles for the cast-on.

This time I could see the picots in the picot cast-on:
DSCF0004

1 comment:

R... said...

Wow, the hat looks really cute here, but I have to say it's even cuter in person!! Island Boy still thinks he can fit into it and while it is *very* stretchy, it's just not *that* stretchy! Still, we are all enjoying his efforts and look forward to seeing his little sister wearing it!