Friday, August 31, 2007

ECF: More Garden room


Garden room
Originally uploaded by knitswithasilentk
I've got no new knitting to show today. I have knitted the 1" of cuff on the sleeve, and done 2.5 rows of pattern. Whoopie! So instead I'll share some non-knitting things I'm enjoying.

  • Animal, Vegetable, Miracle: This newish book by Barbara Kingsolver about her family's efforts to eat locally for a year - including farming for their own food and buying from local farmers. It's not heavy-handed; it is inspirational.

  • The Sweetie's meals. He's home for now, until school starts, and he's been cooking locally. Last night, we had roasted vegetables, cucumber and tomato salad, and pasta with beans. Mmm!

  • The Flexitarian Table. After reading about it from someone's blog, I got it from the library. It is full of inspiration of how to cook fresh from the farmer's market foods in a vegetable-emphasized setting.


I guess what this means is other than knitting, I really like food. =)

Have a great weekend, especially those of you in the U.S., who have a long weekend!

1 comment:

Lucie said...

I read animal vegetable this summer at thought it is a fantastic book. That is some garden room you have.