Tuesday, August 7, 2007

More stash enhancement

Thanks to the KnitPicks 40% off book sale and their free shipping if you buy $45 worth of stuff, I enhanced my book stash again. I'd been admiring the February sweater from Knitter's Almanac, especially the one made by Brooklyn Tweed (drool....), and I've never read EZ before. And at 40% off, it was $4.77 - less than many single patterns! I've been savoring....

I also have been...ahem...knitting things on my Options circulars and having to leave them on the needle, then starting up fast little things and having to take the needles off, so I thought a few more cables would be in order. I neglected to notice they come in packs of 2, so I ended up with 4 cables, but I'm sure they won't go to waste - cables are stitch holders, right?

And while I was looking for something to put me over the $45, I saw the new IWP book, Twisted Sisters Knit Sweaters: A Knit-to-Fit Workshop. I'd been eyeing Big Girl Knits for the instructions on fitting sweaters to your body, but that was out of stock and this looked pretty good, too. I'll let you know.

And to round out the order, I decided to to try their new Swish Superwash DK, for baby booties and hats (you know, for trying out the books I got last time. I got lots of colors:

KnitPicks Swish DK

I gave the upside-down flower hat to my friend last night - and she loved it! She even talked about having her baby come home wearing it! Now that would be special.

1 comment:

knitseashore said...

I'll be interested to hear your reviews of the books. I've never read EZ before but so many knitters love her! And the sisters book looks like fun. What a great sale!