Friday, July 20, 2007

ECF: Viola


Viola
Originally uploaded by knitswithasilentk
The flower kind! I planted some violas a few years ago in a birdbath (a measure to avoid standing water in the yard, to discourage mosquitoes and West Nile virus). Last year, I found in abandoned, empty pots, some viola plants! They must have seeded themselves. I love volunteer plants! And yesterday I took this photo with the macro lens on. It could make a pretty notecard!

I hope to get some more rows onto my Mystery Stole this weekend. It's pretty optimistic, though, to wish to finish clue 2!

Have a good weekend, wherever you are!

3 comments:

Grace said...

That is a gorgeous picture! It looks like a magazine shot.

Being a non-knitter, can I ask why it's called a 'mystery stole'? What are the 'clues'?

Anonymous said...

My grandma had Johnny Jump ups in her garden. I can remember her picking one and showing me how it looked like a jumping man.

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

I love viola's, johnny jump ups, and pansies. Cousins. I loved the way johnny jump ups would be planted in one spot and the following year show up someplace else, like between rocks and in concrete cracks, etc. Like little colorful surprises.

I planted a lot of Pansies this year.