Tuesday, July 10, 2007

FO: Garterlac dishcloth

I actually got to finish this dishcloth on the drive up to Tahoe. It was super fun and I really did mostly internalize how the squares and triangles got put together. I really like how it turned out, especially in the variegated color of the dishcloth cotton.

The cabin's linens got taken home at the end of last season, and were forgotten, so this dishcloth got pressed into service right away! The garter stitch really makes for good scrubbing! Even The Sweetie commented that while it wasn't really worth the amount of time I put into it, it was a darn good dishcloth.

Here it is resting after its first day of work:


Garterlac dishcloth - action shot

3 comments:

FemiKnitMafia said...

It -is- a nice dishcloth. I've been ogling dishcloths for months but haven't yet tried one. Perhaps I will start ...

Dave said...

Nice cloth! I like those colours -- they do look kind of cabin-y.

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Love the dishcloths. Years ago I use to use ones that my Grandmother knit. I really should knit some for myself now. I really hate the sponges. But I agree with your Sweetie... and really want to knit the simplest patterns possible.