Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Knitting Book stash enhancement


KnitPicks order
Originally uploaded by knitswithasilentk
Alas, I'm left to buy things to show for my blog! ;)

I took advantage of the 40% off book sale at Knit Picks and got some patterns that were quick and easy for babies - so many friends and acquaintances are having little ones, and I can't make a sweater for all of them!

Here we have 50 Baby Bootees to Knit, Itty-Bitty Hats, and (not for the babies, for me) Folk Shawls, and (for the free shipping, and to give me some yarn to work with for trying out these baby patterns) some Shine Sport, currently my favorite baby yarn. It's a cotton/modal blend, machine washable and dryable, really soft, and comes in great bright colors. Like buttah!

6 comments:

kathy b said...

Ohhhhh you have some fine reading there! Great picks. Reveiw them for us as you knit, I know you will.

sheep#100 said...

Baby hats are the quickest!

Anonymous said...

I just picked up the Oberle book myself- can't wait to try some of the shawls. Baby stuff? Not so much demand in my life (I guess I'm between generations.). For now it's selfish knitting and Christmas presents. If I feel like it.

Macoco said...

I was so tempted by that book sale but didn't end up taking advantage! Now that I see all of your great books..... ;)

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

I got 3 books from them also. Forgot to take pictures tho. Ah well, I might have to pull out my bill and remind myself which books I got before I had hidden them from the DH. ;-) (I'm only half serious about that)

Jackie said...

You will love Folk Shawls!
I've had it for quite a while now and I'm on my 4th shawl. I met Cheryl at Stitches West and she is just a lovely person. She also mentioned a Folk Jacket book coming out sometime end of this year.