I thought I'd give a rundown of the stash level since last year. Last year, I had joined the Stash and UFO Bustalong, with the hope of decreasing the number of UFOs, and decreasing stash. I fell of the wagon once and bought stuff, but mostly kept the spending under control. However, I was very lucky and won lots of prizes.
Here is the stash enhancement, by category.
Stash enhancement as a result of prizes won, or gifts given to me:
- 6 skeins of sock yarn - all won in contests
- 6 skeins of laceweight - 3 from contests, 2 destashed to me, 1 given as a gift
- 1 skein sportweaight yarn - won in a contest
- 1 lb of silk - given in return for a donation
- The Faroese yarn - given to me as a gift
- 10 balls of Rowen linen drape - destashed to me
- 1 skein of white cotton yarn - included in Dishrag Tag swap
- 2 balls dishcloth cotton - included in Dishrag Tag swap
Stuff I bought:
- 2 balls of sock yarn (STR for chevron scarf, and a sock kit)
- 10 skeins Noro Lily (my indiscretion from the bustalong)
- 10 balls Cascade 220 superwash, 12 balls Berrocco ultra silk, and 4 balls Debbie Bliss Alpaca silk DK - WEBS sale after bustalong ended
- 2 balls Dishrag Tag cotton - the accounting is difficult here, but I bought one ball to practice with, and I think I bought one more ball than I needed for the swap.
- 1 skein Malabrigo - souvenir yarn
- 3 balls Shine Sport, 9 balls Swish Superwash DK, from Knit Picks
- Tulip sweater kit
- 2 skeins Chasing Rainbows Dyeworks
- 6 Online Linie Solo - for ruffle scarves
- 2 skeins variegated blue & gold yarn, + 4 skeins of Lana D'Oro - for Cal scarf
2007 acquisitions used up:
- 2 balls dishrag cotton
- 1 ball STR for chevron scarf (the one I bought - the other one was in stash already)
- 6 Online Linie Solo
- .5 skeins Chasing Rainbows Dyeworks
- 2 blue and 1 gold Cascade 220 superwash
Previous stash used up:
- 1 STR, Chevron scarf - the one that was in stash already
- 1 skein Berrocco Plush (quickie hat)
- 4 skeins Brazilia (fun fur) - for chemo caps
And January 2008 stash enhancement has begun! (I'll take photos this weekend.)
All in all, the stash has grown! I won 10 skeins of yarn in contests! So this year, let's try and keep it under control. I bought the Swish DK and Shine Sport in all different colors, to make baby hats and booties with. The Tulip sweater kit is next up - hopefully I'll get a start on it this weekend. I've overbought yarn for the Cal scarf - I'll have to make more scarves or something. And hopefully I can make something for my little one out of that Chasing Rainbows Dyeworks stuff. It's just too beautiful. Perhaps more focus on using yarns out of stash is in order!
Suffice to say, very little yarn needs to be purchased in 2008!