Thursday, January 31, 2008

Stash enhancement: more Cal yarn

When I was out buying the prizes, I got suckered in. The store, Knit This, Purl That, was having a storewide sale - 20% off all yarn, and these two colors just happened to be placed in adjacent bins.

Longtime readers will know that I have grand plans to knit lots of Cal themed knitwear - scarves, hats, and of course a baby sweater for my baby like the one I made for our friends' baby.

So what if I still have 6 skeins of each color in Cascade 220 superwash? These were better colors - at least a better blue: deeper, more navy, and lustrous besides.

Does anyone know anything about this yarn? It feels and looks a little nicer than the Cascade 220 superwash, and it was $1 less for 10 yards more. All right, the next Cal Baby sweater goes towards the top of the queue....6 month size.

No comments: