Tuesday, January 30, 2007

FO: Red Scarf

The first FO of 2007! My Red Scarf. Many thanks to Norma for publicizing the project - she even got to do a photo shoot with some of the recipients!

Project specs:

Pattern: Slacker Scarf (pdf)
Mods: I replaced one repeat with garter stitch borders, 2 rows wide on each side, to help with the curling. I don't think it worked.
Needles: KnitPicks Options, size 9
Yarn: A Piece of Vermont superwash worsted, colorway "Rudolph". There is a fair bit left over.
Size: 72" x 6"

I love this scarf. I liked making it - it was simple enough to do while watching TV, and in the big needles it went very quickly. I almost couldn't give it away, but I thought of the potential recipients, and of course I did. I included some gift cards to Staples, too. I was a bit stunned at how long it was. I stopped at about 5'5" - longer than I am tall. But it stretched out so much in blocking! It did have a tendency to curl, but it still showed off the pattern, so I didn't really mind.

Here is a close-up, taken with my cell phone right before I mailed it:

3 comments:

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

That stitch pattern looks pretty neat!

Courtney said...

The scarf looks great. Don't you just love those Piece of Vermont yarns? I don't usually say this about yarn, but I'll say it about PoV, yum!

Brenda said...

Beautiful scarf! The stitch pattern looks really good in that yarn.