Monday, January 8, 2007

Initial entry!

Well, I've done it now. I've decided to start a blog, even though most of my instincts tell me I won't have enough to keep it interesting. But seeing as I work in the technology industry, I feel like I should at least participate in the ... well, it's not exactly bleeding edge any more. So let's call it the tech-enabled mainstream. And it's too easy to stay rooted in 1997 technology out of fear of the new and unknown. So, here goes.

My current WIPS, in chronological order from oldest to most recent:
  • Lacy ivory stole, in Dale Baby Ull. Started around spring/summer 1999?
  • (new) Professor/tenure/??/retirement? sweater for the Sweetie, yarn provided by a friend with this sweater in mind. Started around August 2000. This is an old Spinnerin pattern for a Guernsey.
  • Lace scarf in Cherry Tree Hill Possom laceweight (now discontinued). Bought at Lofty Lou's on the way to Tahoe, 4th of July 2005.
  • Aran baby sweater, by Lisa Lloyd. Started this intending it as a gift in May 2006, but failed to finish in time and bought a gift instead. In Schaefer Anne, colorway Clara Barton. All of the pieces are blocked (they bled quite terribly; I emailed and they suggested a vinegar bath, which I will try next time I bathe them) and they need assembly, and the neck band picked up and knit.
  • Baby bolero from Baby Cashmerino 2 (cover sweater), in Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino, a nice deep red color. I think I did the back and both fronts. Needs assembly and also knitting the edging, which is knit onto the sweater as it is being knit.
  • Green Gable, from Zephyr Style, in Knit Picks Shine Sport in purple. All done but the sleeves, but when I finished one of them, I hated it. It's in timeout until spring.
  • Twin baby sweaters, Pea Pod (pdf) pattern, for twins expected early March. Knit Picks Shine Sport in Grass and Apple. I plan to swap the sleeves so they are both both colors.
The Pea Pod sweater is the one I work on every night before bed. I am loving it, especially the really really cute ribbing with the pea pods in it.

Sorry no photos yet. I'll have to figure out how to use flickr, and experiment downloading pictures off the camera. (You mean you can see them bigger than on a 2x3 inch screen? Get out.)

1 comment:

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Good for you ... welcome to the community. And when you do get to MIT, Yes stop by to see us. I think you'll find yourself lurking less & writing more now. I've only been blogging 1 year myself. Looking forward to your pictures. See you around, Kim!