Monday, January 15, 2007

The Stash


As it turns out, I have quite a bit more stash than I imagined, especially for someone who hasn't knitted for very long (1 year in 1998, and since Feb. 2006).
See the whole photo set here. This photo is the Lorna's Laces Shepherd worsted (handwarmers) along with 3 skeins of Cascade 220 (felted slippers) and 5 skeins of Knit Picks Shine Sport, 4 of which are available for my Green Gable sweater (obviously, with only sleeves left, there will be several left over) and 1 which I ordered to use as a contrast to the green Pea Pod sweater. I have since decided to use another color green.

Also in the stash, in the photo set linked above:
  • A Piece of Vermont extra large skein of worsted wool in denim blues colors
  • Alpaca from a spinner in NH (bought at Harrisville Designs in Harrisville, NH)
  • A hat kit
  • 4 skeins of furry something. Originally thought it would make a cute hedgehog, but probably will be chemo caps instead. (Stashbusting!)
  • 3 skeins of Noro Blossom. Thought it would make a cute hedgehog tummy. But probably not with the purple/pink fur.
  • 3 skeins of Noro Tidiori, so beautiful, but so expensive I held myself to 3.
  • 3 balls of Berrocco Plush, which I used to make "peeps". I don't want any more peeps.
  • Debbie Bliss cotton angora, 6 of pink, 1 each mauve, purple, and blue. A sweater? A vest? It was on a super sale at closing yarn shop in Pittsburgh. The fur might have come from the same sale.
  • Heirloom 8-ply superwash. Great colors for berry hats (I've made 2 so far). Plenty for 1 or 2 more.
  • 9 balls of natural colored wool a friend gave me from his mom's stash (ssh!). He told me she had given up knitting for quilting, but was in denial of this fact. Pink yarn of some kind I bought at a garage sale. Some Jaeger Angora (2+ balls) and 1 ball Reynolds teal wool I inherited from a friend's stash who was moving.
  • Sock yarn. STR and Briarwood Fibers won in a contest. Greenwood Fiberworks cotton/lycra. Lang Jawoll cotton jacquard. Mountain Colors Bearfoot, already wound into two balanced balls for doing 2 socks at a time. Schaefer Anne in a Clara Barton-like colorway. Wildefoote in tweedy brown/pink and blue. I made footies with the blue (really, I just got bored with the stockinette leg and got on with it).
  • Odds and ends. Some left over from projects, some given to me. There's a significant hunk left of the Schaefer Anne I used to make the Sweetie's Jaywalker socks. Hmm...
And now for the project-specified yarn:
  • 12 balls of Noro Silk Garden for a Lady Eleanor shawl.
  • 8 skeins of Harrisville Designs Orchid to make the Austrian stitch cardigan.
  • 2 balls of Misti Alpaca laceweight (won in a contest) to make the Swallowtail Shawl. I know it only calls for one ball, but I was thinking I'd make it a bit bigger by doing more repeats.
  • A Piece of Vermont, Real Vermonter yarn to make the Forest Canopy Shoulder Shawl.
Here is another look at Jessie's beautiful yarn:

1 comment:

FemiKnitMafia said...

Wow! You have a nice stash and a real commitment to working through it. So organized! I'm impressed.