Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Chemo cap #6


Chemo cap beginning
Originally uploaded by knitswithasilentk.
Okay, so this photo is really of chemo cap #1, and #6 is not this far yet. But it's due by the end of the month, so I thought I'd best get started on it and right after that, on at least one beanie for a preemie. The coolest thing about these hats is it's knit knit knit until you've got 6 inches, and then only 20 rows or so of decreasing around the crown, and it's done. It's on nice big size 8 needles and I can do them without looking at them (a bit slower than when I look) and any errors - twisted stitches, tension problems - don't matter. Heck, I think if I even dropped a stitch, it would stay in place.

On Sunday I did finish the first of the Pea Pod sweaters, but you'll have to wait until I finish the second. It won't be long, as long as these hats don't get in the way.

1 comment:

Klozter said...

Hey Kim! I just came across your blog and was shocked to find a picture of the chemo cap I finished last month! We must be knitting for the same sort of recipient, unfortunately. You can see mine at:
http://klozknitz.blogspot.com/2007/02/anas-cap.html
Keep up the ocean photos, they make me so happy!