Tuesday, March 13, 2007

FO: Wee Tiny Sock


I finished it! Actually, I started it on Sunday and finished up the toe Monday night during the break from choir. Kind of sad I didn't actually finish it in one day. This was for the Wee Tiny Sock Swap.

Project specs:
  • Yarn: Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock, almost solid Pine, left over from the Amana Star bonnet.
  • Pattern: Wee Tiny Sock.
  • Needles: Size 0 Brittany Birch. It actually made sense to have 5" needles for this project!
  • Mods: I picked up 12 stitches on each side of the instep instead of 9. I like to pick up as many stitches as I feel are necessary to avoid holes. I think it made for a roomier ankle area, since I had more decreases. Also, I did the heel twice because it came out wonky. The second time was less wonky, but I am still not 100% happy with it. The second time I did wraps for the short rows.
  • Notes: It was super fun to do this tiny sock. I found myself talking about my plans for making fingerless gloves, because I just can't imagine making individual fingers, and then realized the irony that I was basically making a finger (the sock leg).
Sunday, my knitting group celebrated our 1 year anniversary of being together by going on a road trip. We had lunch, then yarn shopping at a LYS, and then had tea. It was so hot that I had a "cordial" instead - a drink made from fruit concentrate, water, and sugar. Kind of the original "juice from concentrate". I met another knitter in the LYS (hi Anne!) and we chatted about other yarn shops, Shaefer Anne yarn, and how we both were on the watch for Addi lace needles. Unfortunately, she lives too far away to join our knitting group, but hopefully she will drop in on us now and then.

2 comments:

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Oh how cute! Cast on for the next one ... just in case ;-)

Bonne Marie said...

That is the wee-ist, tiniest, CUTEST thing I've ever seen!

thanks for the laugh!