Julie for her Beanies for Preemies collection. The first, the one on the left, has a garter stitch brim, complete with jogs where I changed stitches. (Does anyone know how to prevent jogs in garter stitch? Is it the same as preventing jogs for color changes?) Hat number 2 is seed stitch (and therefore 49 stitches instead of 48 like the others). Hat number 3 is a roll-brim (I bet you notice that already) and I made enough I-cord this time to tie it in a knot. This after the first I-cord wasn't, hence its longish and slightly stretched out shape.
All 3 were done with Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino, left over from the baby bolero (from DB Baby Cashmerino 2, the cover pattern) on size 5 DPNs (rosewood, by Lantern Moon - very nice).
Hat #3 was started by my BIL's mother, who wants to learn to knit socks. I was working on my toe-up socks and she exclaimed, "I want to knit socks!" and started asking how. She hadn't knitted in the round before, and I started to explain. Then I remembered I had this yarn in my bag, so I cast on for the hat and let her go. Another knitter returning to the fold!