Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Bustalong wrap-up

First the good news: This KAL thing seems to be a good motivator for me. I successfully finished both red baby sweaters by the deadline.

I'm really glad these are done, and I look forward to setting more goals for the next parts of the Bustalong.

Subtractions from stash: 4 balls of pink and purple fun fur, some scraps left over from the baby bolero, and a few yards of scrap sock yarn for the Wee Tiny Sock.

Finished "scheduled projects": One red scarf and 2 Pea Pod sweaters.

Begun projects from stash: One pair of toe-up socks.

Additions to stash:

  • 10 skeins of Noro Lily - my indiscretion.
  • 2 balls of laceweight angora and approx. 10 balls of Rowan Linen Drape, given to me by a friend who didn't want it.
  • 1 skein of Sophie's Toes sock yarn, won in a contest.
  • 1 skein of STR, won in a contest.
  • 2 balls of laceweight, won in a contest.

So you see, my stash has grown, even if you don't count my indiscretion. The sock and laceweight yarn goddesses have been too kind. And the button stash has begun....


Brenda said...

I think you are doing quite well on the stash bustalong.

I'm glad you got to see Molly while you were in Davis. I forgot that Knitter's Playground was closed on Sundays. I hope you had a good time despite all the rain!

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

KALs with a deadline are really HELPFUL in getting projects completed. And if you're busting your stash at the same time, all the better. ;-)