Monday, April 30, 2007

FO: Quickie hat


Quickie hat
Originally uploaded by knitswithasilentk.
A friend of mine has been reading my blog (Hi, Liz!) and asked me to make a chemo cap for a friend of hers. We are working on choosing a pattern and yarn for a really nice hat, but in the mean time, I whipped this up from yarn in stash (using up stash - woo hoo!) in a night, more or less, while watching the new Bill Moyers documentary.

Specs:
Yarn: Berrocco Plush, yellow with a little bit of blue (the blue was donated from my friend Ali's leftovers)
Needles: Size 9 dpns, probably Clover/Takumi.
Pattern: Basically the No-Hair Day Chemo Cap pattern meant for fun fur (CO 60, knit for a while, and decrease). I added 2 rounds of blue, 1 round of alternating yellow and blue, and 2 rounds of blue in the middle. It's a bit tight (now I understand about that Fair Isle tension of floats issue) but not overmuch.

Instant gratification, instant FO.

3 comments:

kathy b said...

I am so sorry I missed the documentary. It sounded wonderful.

I love the stash hat!!! Sometimes the freedom of stash makes a wonderful knit. You are sweet to donate.

Macoco said...

Great hat! I like the flecks of orange in it.

Anonymous said...

Such a cute hat. I can almost feel the softness through my screen!