Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Garterlac dishcloth - started

We went to Monterey last weekend to spend a day with The Sweetie's family, and on the way back we stopped at Michael's to use the bathroom. I might have picked that as a stop because they sell yarn and Carls Jr. doesn't. Ahem.

Actually, I decided to practice for Dishrag Tag since I've never knit with dishcloth cotton and never made a dishcloth. Since I was experimenting, I took the opportunity to also try out garterlac, what looks to be an easier version of entrelac, and do Dave's Garterlac Dishcloth pattern. Thanks, Dave, for such a great pattern - it's very clear and I love the Flickr photo tutorial, too.

I did the first 3 triangles, and I thought, "These are all twisted around. This can't be right." Lo and behold, in the instructions, it says:
They look a little twisted right now. Don't worry; they'll sort themselves out as you go along.
Amazing, Dave, you read my mind before I even thought it.

Since I finished the Odessa hat (thanks for the comments and reassurances, everybody!), this is my bedtime knitting.

I love the striping. Isn't it pretty?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading about your trip to Cape Cod and Boston. I'm sorry we weren't around when you were here because it would have been so nice to meet you. I'm glad you had a good time!

Your lace stole is just gorgeous!!

sheep#100 said...

The ombre yarns work nicely with that pattern.

Anonymous said...

the colorway you picked out looks lovely in that pattern!

Dave said...

I'm glad it's working out for you, and I too love that colourway!

KT said...

Aha! Welcome to the ways of entrelac! You will come to the dark side yet!

Nice meeting you tonight!