Monday, June 25, 2007

Lace stole in progress


Lace stole in progress
Originally uploaded by knitswithasilentk
Well, I've asked a wide variety of people - the blog readers, family members, and my knitting group, and I've decided on the pink champagne beads. I know this will disappoint some of you who liked the blue/green opalescent ones, but I love those too, and (if this MS3 experiment with beads goes well) I suspect that they will make an appearance in some other shawl someday.

Catching up with that Boston trip, I managed in 2 transcontinental flights to do 1 1/2 repeats in my lacy stole. To refresh your memories, this is the stole that was the 3rd project (I did 2 baby hats in the round with colorwork, then Eric's grey scarf) that I ever started, this lacy stole. I did the setup section and 2 repeats before I put it (and knitting) down for 4 years, and after getting back into knitting a little, then a lot, and beginning the blog, I have picked it back up. Since picking it back up, I've done 2 1/2 repeats. I am hoping for 1 repeat a month, although 10 rows (1/4 of a repeat) a month is more realistic. Here it is at 4 1/2 repeats, and after 1/2 a repeat it will be halfway done!

In other news, I'm on the email list for a not-quite-local LYS called the Knitting Hutch, and Jackie just announced a Lace Retreat in June 2008 in Big Sur, with - I can't bear it - Cookie A., Miriam Felton (Mimknits), Anne Hanson (Knitspot), and Susan Lawrence (I'm Knitting as Fast as I Can). (Can I say how much I love these designers? I admit, I haven't actually supported them by purchasing many designs, but it's only because I have a problem actually finishing projects - they're in my queue!) The retreat is at the Big Sur Lodge, which is really not all that far from where I live - far enough I'd have to stay there, though. And....and....and....well, I don't think it's in the cards that I'll be there, though it does make my heart heavy to think of such great designers and great knitting karma that will be collected so nearby. Maybe a local LYS can convince one of them to continue her trip down to see us!

5 comments:

Theresa said...

That is quite the progress - especially after so long a hiatus!

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

The shawl is going to be nice ... when it's done. And you'll do it too.

Oh that retreat is a whole year away ... maybe, maybe who could still go. I know I would love to do something like that. I'm saving my money for a cruise next April being put on by SSFY with Louisa Harding. And I LOVE her designs also! [MUST save $2000.]

Jackie said...

I'm bummed you won't be able to make it... but who knows there is still plenty of time ;-)

Bezzie said...

That stole is going to look gorgeous blocked!

kathy b said...

Champagne for everyone! it looks lovely. Really lovely.

I'll check out your links.

Hat is darling as well.

Hey do you like peanut butter?