Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Where I was


East entrance
Originally uploaded by knitswithasilentk
Can you guess where I went last week? I'll give you a hint: a famous architect spelled out its name in this gate. I don't think the trees were part of the plan, though.

I went back for my 10th college reunion. It was nice to meet people I used to know, see familiar faces, and catch up with what others have been up to. As one classmate put it, it was sort of a "union" not a re-union.

I prepended several days with my dad on Cape Cod along with The Sweetie's parents, who then proceeded on to drive around the northeast, somewhat aimlessly. Ah, to be retired. I think they're somewhere in Maine now.




The Sweetie's Parents arrived the day before we did, and took the trolley tour all around Boston and a harbor tour. The next day, we took them to the Isabella Stuart Gardner Museum, then went out to Harvard Square and walked back along Mass. Ave and down Comm. Ave. to the Park Plaza. It was a really nice long walk and it only occasionally sprinkled rain. We were grateful it was not sunny, as it would have been too hot.

Here's a photo of our favorite landmark in Harvard Square. This is the window office of Dewey, Cheetham, & Howe, the fictional law firm of Car Talk.


Dewey, Cheetham & Howe

1 comment:

JulieLoves2Knit said...

I know - I know - but only because I read her blog too!!