Monday, September 10, 2007

Another prize!


DSCF0009
Originally uploaded by knitswithasilentk
A little while ago, Brenda over at Molecular Knitting had a pre-blogiversary contest - to give her the idea for her blogiversary contest! She picked my idea, and so I won!

Here are the spoils: a yummmmmmy skein of Seacoast Handpainted merino/tencel (50/50 blend), in colorway "silver and gold", plus some almonds and raspberry hard candies! Mmm....what to make? Into the stash for marination.

In other news, I'm in talks with Nancy Finn, the dyer behind the Chasing Rainbows Dyeworks, about re-creating that yarn I love so much in a worsted-weight wool. We've picked a yarn (Gems Merino superwash worsted) and she's put it on order. Yay! So other than a delay before making the sweater (I was going to make the 18-month size anyway...) it looks like I'll get exactly what I want.

Yes, I could probably do some knitty math, but....I'm a wuss. I don't want to do it for this. I'm looking forward to doing knitty math for making a sweater fit me, but I don't want to do it for a baby sweater which shouldn't need such fussing. I admit it. I'm lazy.

What to knit in the mean time? Oh, yeah, my WIP list has 3 lacy objects in it. I'd like to eliminate one by the end of this year...

1 comment:

kathy b said...

I love your prize winning colorway. Really neat and different.