Friday, May 4, 2007

Blogcation and Chevron Scarf

I'll be on a little blogcation for the next week: The Sweetie and I are off to Hawaii for some relaxation. We're going to the Big Island, and it will be our first time to that island. (If you have recommendations, feel free to leave them in comments!)

So a few weeks ago, he said to me, "You know, you're going to have to think about what knitting to bring." This may have been because by my usual method is to take all most of my WIPs and some extra projects to be started; we usually are traveling in a car, and I want all of my projects to be at hand, just in case.

I thought and I thought, and I thought, "I want to make the Chevron scarf!" I already had 3 skeins of STR (2 lightweight, one medium) and I started playing with the colors. I called BMFA (and actually got to talk with Tina!) and finally chose Undertoe to pair with my Prove It All Night.

Wednesday night, we had a little winding party at my house. Ali wound her Sea Silk, and I wound the STR.













I couldn't wait to start.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Kim, that looks great already!

Brenda said...

That's going to be a fantastic combination for a chevron scarf!

Have a wonderful trip!

kathy b said...

Oh how pretty that chevron will be.

Hawaii. Many years ago. Mama's fish house in Mauii near the airport. Everyone knew it then. Absolutely best fun place we ate at.

Theresa said...

Your scarf will be perfect Hawaiian knitting. Have a great trip!

Kel said...

Have a great time! I am not sure what the daily lava flow shall be while you are here, but call the park: It changes every day and is amazing. Stargazing up Mauna Kea is unreal. Of course I recommend Scuba Diving: Come dive with me at Kohala Divers! Kona coffee tasting, macnut sampling, vanilla orchid farm: If you are into Agri-tourism. Eat at Merriman's and Huli Sue's in Waimea, Sushi Rock in Hawi, Hilo Bay Cafe in Hilo. And pick up a free copy of the Hawaii Island Journal (the independant news) for other tips. Aloha!