Thursday, May 31, 2007

Stash enhancement


Boudica sock kit
Originally uploaded by knitswithasilentk
I had two more recent stash enhancements. First of all, I just couldn't resist the Boudica socks by Miriam Felton. I think they'd make lovely kilt hose, adapted for knee-length style and perhaps a foldover cuff. In the mean time I'll "practice" on these regular sized ones. And the kit was from Willy Wonka Fibers - such lovely handdyed blues. Reminds me of comfortable (broken-in) jeans.

The other is that for donating to All Things Heather's book drive, I got to buy 1 pound of custom dyed silk at cost! We emailed a bit about color, and she came up with a beautiful emerald-colored silk. I plan to make Sahara, as this yarn is very similar to Tilli Thomas Pure & Simple.


ATH Silk

I certainly have lots of luxurious knitting ahead of me!

4 comments:

Brenda said...

Gorgeous yarns! What fun knitting to look forward to.

Anonymous said...

that is one lovely green!

Saren Johnson said...

That green silk looks heavenly!

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

I love the green also.