Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Yarny Birthday Exchange

Cashmere laceweightThank you for all the suggestions and comments on my Easy Blogging Tips entry. I hope they are useful to many of you!

My SIL's birthday and mine are separated by a mere 2 weeks. Before hers, I saw the most beautiful cashmere laceweight skein on Etsy, and I just couldn't pass it up. WhiteWillow sent it and included a bonus stitch marker and a little lavendar sachet. SIL said she just wanted to keep petting it. I know I would.

SIL told me she'd like to get me something from ArtFibers, because she works near them. (And I'm betting she wanted to pet their yarn also!) So I told her how I'd been coveting some Tsuki.

Look what arrived in the mail! Thanks, SIL! I'll be petting it for a while while I ponder what to make. Hmmm...

Birthday yarn - Tsuki

4 comments:

Theresa said...

Oh, to have a yarn-y friend to exchange birthday gifts!

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know that I am caught up with your blog (except I skimmed the blogging tips). I really love the way you keep track of knitters doing good things in the world--someday I'll be one of them, I hope. And, happy late birthday.

Unknown said...

Great to be a part of your on-line life and I love the yarn pics. Hope to knit together in Tahoe :-)

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Oh, to having someone in the family that understands your need for more yarn! B'day, Christmas, Saturday M'nings ...