Monday, May 14, 2007

I'm back!


DSCF0100
Originally uploaded by knitswithasilentk.
We had a great time on the Big Island. We went for 7 days in a row with no email, web, newspapers, or phone (almost - I got a call on my cell phone from the church musician asking me to fill in for him - but I told him I was in Hawaii standing on a volcano, so I wasn't available!)

Knitting? Well, we got stuck at SFO for an hour after we boarded, because the luggage system broke down and they had to sort it by hand. I was able to add 8" to my Chevron Scarf. Once we were settled in (reached cruising altitude), I worked on my lacy stole, and I finished half a repeat by the time we got there. This felt really, really good, as I hit a sort of a rhythm and got to study a bit how the pattern worked. I didn't touch my knitting again until we waited to board on the way home - a few more repeats, then reading and napping. Four and a half hours is not enough time to sleep!

We LOVED the volcano. We were staying an inconvenient distance from it but we went there on our first day and returned twice more! This photo is of the "A" beach the night we left: the most perfect beach we have ever seen. More photos to come in future posts!

4 comments:

Brenda said...

Glad you had a wonderful time! Looking forward to more photos, as that beach shot is lovely!

Anonymous said...

Welcome home. I'm jealous!

Anonymous said...

and now, back to work. Glad you had a good trip, and that you were able to knit enroute with no hassles from stupid paranoid people.
We own our own 24-hour business, and the only way for my husband to completely escape is to leave town. There is no such thing as a day off. Hawaii sounds like it might be a good place for us to go next time!

Anonymous said...

If everyone could knit, there would be a lot less air rage, don't you think? ;-)

The photo is enticing--I wanna see more. :-)